As a GHASA member, you’re part of a group of like-minded professional establishment owners. We offer you great member BENEFITS, ASSISTANCE, NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES and CREDIBILITY.
Minimum requirements for GHASA membership
GHASA welcomes accommodation establishments that we deem to be operating on a Professional & Commercial basis. Whilst it is not our intention to be prescriptive, we do have a few important minimum entry requirements, as listed below:
- All bedrooms in Guest Houses or B&B’s must have an en-suite or dedicated bathroom per room or suite.
- All properties must have adequate management systems in place.
- All members must ensure they have correct Public Liability Insurance in place.
- The following documents must be in place: Indemnity; Cancellation; Guest Registration (we provide members with these).All TV’s must be separately licenced, in accordance with SABC’s legal requirements. We’ll assist members with this.
- Whilst GHASA is not responsible for enforcing zoning requirements, we strongly advise all members comply.
- Members must be contactable via telephone as well as email.
- Members’ properties must be correctly secured to ensure guests’ safety.
What does it Cost?
- R500 – once off fee.
- R220 per en-suite bedroom/self-catering unit with a maximum charge of R1320 if your establishment has more than 6 en-suite bedrooms/self-catering units and a minimum charge of R550.
- Looking to open your own establishment? Let us assist you
Please take a moment to complete our preliminary online form and we shall be in touch with you shortly.