Click to enlarge||
Tel: 021 856 3260
Fax: 021 856 3261
Manager: Hanél van Reenen
is situated 50m from the beach, offering affordable accommodation, value for money and great discounted specials throughout the year, in picturesque Gordon's Bay, Cape Town, South Africa. We are 5 minutes’ walk from upmarket restaurants and Bikini Beach with Blue Flag status. Gordon’s Bay is a top tourist destination in close proximity to Cape Town, Table Mountain, the Winelands (Stellenbosch, Franschoek, Paarl, Helderberg) and over 12 golf courses and located on Route 43, one of SA’s most scenic routes (Gordon’s Bay to Hermanus costal road). Also famous for the Southern Right whales visiting us each year: Gordon’s Bay, Gateway to the Whale Route, August – November. Enjoy the warmer sea water – about 9 degrees warmer - than Cape Town’s icy waters.
The Manor provides luxury accommodation in all 12 en-suite bedrooms with bed and breakfast or self-catering options. We have disabled friendly rooms, inter-leading family rooms and an in-house salon. In addition, we offer function facilities for weddings, cocktail parties as well as product launches.
The manor house was built in 1862 with high ceilings and warm wooden floors, and was used as a summer residence by the famous Beit-family from Ireland. The large manicured garden makes this seaside property a unique guesthouse in Gordon’s Bay.
We have 12 spacious and uniquely decorated bedrooms with
• fantastic sea views or situated in our beautifully manicured garden court
• one wheelchair friendly room
• en suite shower and/or bath rooms
• modern conveniences i.e. free wi-fi internet, safes, hairdryers, mini-bars, TV, air-conditioning and some with fire-places
• luxury amenities including toiletries, pure cotton linen, gowns, pool towels
• laundry and daily room service
• some of our rooms are equipped for self- catering
• secure off-street parking for guests and functions
• free wi-fi internet
Braai facility available. We also have an on-site salon as well as a conference facility for 18 people.
Breakfast is served at the swimming pool or in the dining room. Lunch and dinner available on request. Quality restaurants are within walking distance from our facility. We have an indoor braai facility in our sun room at your disposal or ask us to entertain you with traditional South African braai cuisine.
Manor on the Bay is the ideal venue for your small exclusive wedding. We cater for groups of up to 28 people for a sit-down meal and up to 60 for a cocktail party. The landscaped garden and nearby beach make this venue the ideal setting for a memorable day and beautiful pictures. Pure Salon provides a wide treatment menu for the bridal party before and on the special day.
Guest Reviews/Special Mention
* Massage room available
No Of Rooms: 12
Room Options: Twin / Double / Family / Honeymoon / Luxury
High Season: From R 600 - R 1,700
Off Season: From R 600 - R 1,700
• Dolphins & Seals around all year
• Kogelberg Surf & Picnic Spot & Helderberg Nature Reserve
• Lady Phillips Tea Garden at Vergelegen Wine Estate
• Horse Riding & Hiking in the Waterkloof Vineyards
• Steenbras Dam (Hiking only)
• Deep Sea Fishing
• Sunset Cruises from our quaint harbour
• Christmas Lights Festival
• Lwandle Hostel Museum & Arts & Craft Centre – day tours
• Monkey Town
• Blue Rock Cable Water Ski – cliff jumping, skiing, knee boarding, foofy sliding, swimming and picnics
• Nature Quad Rides in Grabouw
• Winter Wonderland Lights Festival - end of June –July
Manor on the Bay's central location provides an excellent base from where truly unique Western Cape attractions can be experienced.
The beachfront is lined with restaurants, coffee shops, pubs, bookstores and curio shops, all within walking distance.
Shark-cage diving, fishing trips, scuba-diving, picnic-baskets and sunset cruises are arranged by us. Quality restaurants are within walking distance and golf-courses, hiking-trails, shopping malls and more safe-swimming beaches are easily accessible.
Only 40 minutes away from the Cape Town International Airport and 50 minutes from the Waterfront and Stellenbosch & Wine Route around the corner from us makes Manor on the Bay the ideal location for a splendid holiday where you can put your feet up at night and enjoy our famous sunsets over False Bay.
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Bar Fridge
- Telephone in Room
- Aircon in Room
- TV in Room
- Languages spoken: English, Afrikaans, basic Germa
- Safe Facilities
- Children on request
- Airport Transfers
- Horse Riding
- Whale Watching
- Wine Tasting
- Conference Friendly
- Lunch options
- Tea options
- 20 delegates
- Situated at the foot of the Steenbras Mountain and overlooking the blue waters of False Bay, Manor on the Bay offers a tranquil, yet professional conference venue for up to 20 delegates. The environment is given to be inspiring, creative and productive. A mere 40 minutes’ drive from Cape Town, Manor on the Bay offers clients from the Mother City an inspiring and refreshing day away from the city in return
From Cape Town International Airport:
Take the N2 turn-off to your left, just outside the airport - direction Somerset West. Stay on the N2 for about 25 min (through Somerset West). Take the turn off to your right which indicates Gordon's Bay, R44, Kleinmond. This is the last turn off before you start the climb up Sir Lowry Pass. (Make sure not to take the R 44, Strand turn-off.)
S 34 09.761’
E 18 51.849’
117 Beach Road, Gordon's Bay, Helderberg