Please take a moment to complete our preliminary online form and we shall be in touch with you shortly.
Sign on Fee
R650 - once off fee
R450.00 - once off / optional fee
R220.00 per en-suite bedroom/self-catering unit
with a maximum charge of R1320 if your establishment has more than 6 en-suite bedrooms/self-catering units and a minimum charge of R550.00.
Looking to open your own establishment? Let us assist you
Code of Conduct
Ghasa members maintain a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and comfort.
They maintain a high standard of courtesy and hospitality. Guests are advised of what is included in the price quoted and provide details of any additional charges, e.g., dinner, telephone, laundry, etc., and then to adhere to the prices quoted.
Guests receive and then confirm by signature that they understand and ackhowledge the Establishment's cancellation policy and pricing structure.
Credit card transactions must have the card holder's signature in writing or via internet e-mail note confirming valid authorization for debiting any prospective guests' accounts.
Enquiries, reservations, correspondence and complaints from guests, agents, etc., are dealth with promptly and courteously.
All employees dealing with guests must be similarly trained.
Establishment owners should ensure the safety of guests and their possessions within the bounds of legal liability. All establishments must have liability cover.
Right of admission must not discriminate against any guest in an unfair manner.
Our members exercise mutual respect and good working/networking relationships with fellow GHASA members, supporting one another first with forward bookings for guests leaving your area.
Minimum requirements for GHASA membership
GHASA welcomes accommodation establishments that we deem to be operating on a professional & commercial basis. Whilst it is not our intention to be prescriptive, we do have a few important minimum entry requirements, as listed below:
· Members must adhere to our Code of Conduct
· All bedrooms in Guest Houses or B&B’s must have an en-suite or dedicated bathroom per room or suite
· All properties must have adequate management systems in place
· All members must ensure they have correct Public Liability Insurance in place
· The following documents must be in place: Indemnity; Cancellation; Guest Registration (we provide members with these)
· All TV’s must be separately licenced, in accordance with SABC’s legal requirements. We’ll assist members with this
· Municipal regulations: Whilst GHASA is not responsible for enforcing zoning requirements, we strongly advise all members comply
· Members must be contactable via telephone as well as email
· Members’ properties must be correctly secured to ensure guests’ safety
Please note: We are unfortunately unable accept camp & caravan sites, backpackers & large hotels as members.