Call:021 762-0880

Other requirements:

  • Public liability insurance. Requirements will differ substantially from your domestic policy.
  • License to sell or supply meals. Supplied by your local municipality.
  • Your local Health Department's inspector must be called in to certify your establishment for compliance to food preparation regulations.
  • Fire Department should inspect your premises. You will need fire extinguishers.
  • Register your business for income tax purposes.
  • Ensure that employees are correctly registered in terms of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act


  • Liquor Licence:

    If you're selling or providing complimentary liquor.
  • SABC requires all TV sets to be separately registered.
  • MultiChoice:

    Every room receiving DSTV is charged for.
  • SAMRO:

    If you play background music (radio, CD's or TV) to your guests, you require a licence.

    South African Music Performance Rights Association - it is now a requirement of law that a licence be obtained from SAMPRA prior to the public performance of any musical work embodied in a sound recording.
  • Smoking is not permitted in public areas. Signs must be displayed
  • Guest must sign a guest register. This document must be kept for a minimum of 6 months.