Province / Region - City / Town
North West Province
Baviaans River Valley
Eastern Free State
Kruger National Park
Mjejane Game Reserve
St Francis Bay
Redcliffe Country House
Redcliffe Country House
Winterberg, Tarkastad, Winterberg, Winterberg
Phone: 045 8480152
Cellphone: 082 3011685
Rates High Season: From R290 - R290
Rates Off Season: From R290 - R290
ENJOY A FAMILY HOLIDAY IN THE WINTERBERG
With the towering, majestic Winterberg as its backdrop, Redcliffe Country House nestles in the upper reaches of this mountainous area, 1500 m above sea level and 46 kilometers from Tarkastad on the R 344, towards Adelaide.
It is a 3 hour drive from Port Elizabeth and East London.
Redcliffe is owned by the Morgan family who have been farming in the area for several generations.
The present owners Johnnie and Carol Morgan warmly welcome their guests and friends to their stylishly decorated farm house, set in a beautiful park-like garden.
They live only a few kilometers away and are always on hand to attend to the needs of their guests .
Redcliffe is a large farmhouse situated on a 3000ha sheep and cattle farm and is tucked away in a beautiful unspoiled area with rolling grassveld hills and breathtaking vistas. The high mountain area is quiet and peaceful - ideal for the family who wants to relax and unwind - a complete getaway.
HOMESTEAD & FACILITIES
has a large lounge with a fireplace and Dstv, cosy sunroom and bar,
dining room opening out onto a lawned braai area, fully equipped kitchen with 4-door Aga stove as well.
There are 5 spacious bedrooms, with their own bathrooms, 3 of which are en-suite. And for our crisp winter nights, heaters and electric blankets.
We provide freshly baked bread and farm milk daily. Redcliffe has all the facilities for a family, or extended family holiday.
REDCLIFFE COUNRTRY HOUSE is Self–Catered only
From Port Elizabeth
1. Take the N10 towards Cradock / Cookhouse.
2. Turn right off the N10 at Eastpoort, 13 km otherside Cookhouse onto the R63 to Bedford & Adelaide.
3. Continue onto Adelaide from Bedford.
4. Turn left up the 2nd street after the Stop street in Adelaide
5. Take this road out of Adelaide, over the railway lines [ twice], past the Caltex depot and the Hospital [ on your right].
6. About 400 metres past the Hospital gates, at the end of a long righthand curve, is a dirt road turn off to the left, down and past the golf course. There is a small sign “ Adelaide Dam 2.5km “ on this road.
7. Stay on this road, through the boomgate, for about 60 km to Redcliffe.
8. Redcliffe is on the left hand side [ signposted ]
1. Take the R350 to Bedford.
2. See the instructions above from paragraph 3.
1. From the Cradock side, turn right and then left into the main street.
2. From the Queenstown side, turn left and left again to get into the main street.
3. This street becomes the R344 to the Bottelgat and Adelaide / Bedford.
4. Redcliffe is 45 km from Tarkastad, of which the first 10 kms are tarred.
5. From the boomgate it is dirt and you will need to turn off to the right 7 km from here. This turnoff to Adelaide / Bedford is 17km from Tarkastad.
6. Keep straight on this road to Adelaide.
7. Redcliffe in on the right [signposted]
Longitude: -32deg 18 min. 53 sec
Latitude: 26 deg 19 min. 42 sec.
Services, Features and Activities
• swimming pool and clay tennis court
• farm horses
• mountain bikes
• mini golf
• fly fishing
• bird watching, walks, mountain climbing
• many books and magazines
• wood and braai facilities available
Redcliffe is fully serviced daily to enable you to take a complete break.
It is self-catering.
We invite you to come and relax in the tranquil atmosphere of a cosy log fire at Redcliffe where guests are encouraged to feel completely at home!
: We have three dams on the properties:
which is 3ha in size, is situated just beneath the Winterberg Mountain and is 5km from Redcliffe.The largest trout caught in this dam is 7 1/2lb.
is about 2 1/2ha in size and is about 3km from Redcliffe. It is believed to be a trophy dam and is kept exclusively for our Redcliffe guests.The largest catch to date is a 8lb 10oz trout.
is a small 1 1/2ha dam in a very pretty setting near Redcliffe.
dam is about a 45 min. drive from Redcliffe. It is over 100ha in size and is becoming known as one of the better fishing venues in Southern Africa.
is at Ventnor where Carol & Johnnie Morgan live.
Ensuite Bathroom, Satellite, Languages spoken: English, Afrikaans, Xhosa, Safe Facilities, All children welcome, Baby Sitting, Pool, SecureParking, Laundry