Province / Region - City / Town
North West Province
Baviaans River Valley
Cape Town Northern Suburbs
Eastern Free State
Kruger National Park
Mjejane Game Reserve
St Francis Bay
Summerwood Guest House
Summerwood Guest House
28 Jonkershoek Rd, Stellenbosch, Winelands
Phone: 021 887 4112
Cellphone: 079 169 8264
Rates High Season: From R1 380 - R3 350
Rates Off Season: From R1 000 - R2 500
If you’re looking for that rare blend of contemporary comfort and old-fashioned hospitality, Summerwood Guesthouse is the perfect base from which to explore the soulful town of Stellenbosch and surrounding winelands. This late-Edwardian grand dame was built in 1904 and has since been creatively renovated to cater for the cosmopolitan tastes of the modern traveller.
With its large swimming pool and location in a leafy suburb of Stellenbosch, Summerwood has become the go-to choice for visitors looking for something less formal than a hotel, but more luxurious than your run-of-the-mill guesthouse. The eight spacious rooms boast upmarket finishes and are tastefully decorated in neutral tones, while nice extras like bicycles with which to explore the charming town, air-conditioning, free WiFi, and secure off-street parking make it hard to compete with Summerwood in terms of value for money.
This guesthouse is a lush haven for the sophisticated traveller that seamlessly integrates the privacy and comfort of a guesthouse with the professionalism of friendly, efficient service.
1. From Cape Town or Cape Town International Airport, take the N2 Highway in the direction of Stellenbosch/Somerset West.
2. Continue on the N2 until EXIT 33 (BADEN POWELL DRIVE TURN-OFF) . Turn left towards Stellenbosch and continue on the R310 until the T-junction.
3. At the T-junction turn right. After approximately 2.5 kms you will pass straight through a set of traffic lights with the headquarters of Distell on the right.
4. At the next set of traffic lights turn right into Dorp Street. A Shell Garage and Volvo showroom is on the corner.
5. Continue up Dorp Street, through a set of traffic lights and at the first ‘Pancake’ (small, flat circle in the road), turn left into Meul Street (Mill Street). A dress shop called ‘Avante’ is on the corner.
6. At the next traffic circle turn right into Plein Street. Continue along Plein Street into Van Riebeeck Street passing through 2 four way stops. Pass the University grounds on your left and the Stellenbosch College on your right.
7. At the fork in the road (a willow tree and telephone box stand in the fork) take the left fork into Jonkershoek Road.
8. SUMMERWOOD is 200 metres further on the right hand side – number 28.
Just ring at the gates. You have arrived at a very special guest house!!
PLEASE NOTE: The street names in Stellenbosch will be found on the edge of the pavements – just to confuse the visitors!!!!
Services, Features and Activities
Winelands, nature reserves, historical Stellenbosch, art galleries, museums, restaurants, cengtrally located to visit Cape Town, Hermanus, Paarl, Franschoek etc.
En Suite Bathroom, Tea/Coffee, Bar Fridge, Telephone in Room, Aircon in Room, TV in Room, English, Afrikaans, French, Dutch, German, Safe Facilities, Children on request, Pool, Breakfast, Airport Transfers
Bike Trails, Hiking, Swimming pool, Wine Tasting