Province / Region - City / Town
North West Province
Baviaans River Valley
Eastern Free State
Kruger National Park
Mjejane Game Reserve
St Francis Bay
Summerwood Guest House
Summerwood Guest House
28 Jonkershoek Rd, Stellenbosch, Winelands
Phone: 021 887 4112
Cellphone: 072 633 9341
Rates High Season: From R1 375 - R1 025
Rates Off Season: From R1 000 - R675
Summerwood is a private mansion dating from 1904, and has been completely restored to the very highest standards. The property has been awarded 5 stars by the SA Tourism Grading Council.
All nine bedrooms are en-suite with both bath and separate shower, and are fully equipped with direct dialing telephone, television, minisafe, hairdryer, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, refrigerator and underfloor central heating for those chilly Cape winters!!
Guests can enjoy the comforts of a very tranquil lounge and breakfast room overlooking the gardens. The guest house stands in its own beautifully maintained and secure grounds with a large swimming pool.
1. From Cape Town or Cape Town International Airport, take the N2 Highway in the direction of Stellenbosch/Somerset West.
2. Continue on the N2 until EXIT 33 (BADEN POWELL DRIVE TURN-OFF) . Turn left towards Stellenbosch and continue on the R310 until the T-junction.
3. At the T-junction turn right. After approximately 2.5 kms you will pass straight through a set of traffic lights with the headquarters of Distell on the right.
4. At the next set of traffic lights turn right into Dorp Street. A Shell Garage and Volvo showroom is on the corner.
5. Continue up Dorp Street, through a set of traffic lights and at the first ‘Pancake’ (small, flat circle in the road), turn left into Meul Street (Mill Street). A dress shop called ‘Avante’ is on the corner.
6. At the next traffic circle turn right into Plein Street. Continue along Plein Street into Van Riebeeck Street passing through 2 four way stops. Pass the University grounds on your left and the Stellenbosch College on your right.
7. At the fork in the road (a willow tree and telephone box stand in the fork) take the left fork into Jonkershoek Road.
8. SUMMERWOOD is 200 metres further on the right hand side – number 28.
Just ring at the gates. You have arrived at a very special guest house!!
PLEASE NOTE: The street names in Stellenbosch will be found on the edge of the pavements – just to confuse the visitors!!!!
Services, Features and Activities
Winelands, nature reserves, historical Stellenbosch, art galleries, museums, restaurants, cengtrally located to visit Cape Town, Hermanus, Paarl, Franschoek etc.
Ensuite Bathroom, Tea/Coffee, Bar Fridge, Telephone in Room, Aircon in Room, TV in Room, English, Afrikaans, French, Dutch, German, Safe Facilities, Children on request, Pool, Breakfast, Airport Transfers