Province / Region - City / Town
North West Province
Baviaans River Valley
Cape Town Northern Suburbs
Eastern Free State
Kruger National Park
Mjejane Game Reserve
St Francis Bay
2609 Clarence Drive, Betty's Bay, Overberg
Phone: 028 2729750
Rates High Season: From R900 - R1 050
Rates Off Season: From R900 - R1 050
Bucaco Sud is a Provencal style home, with great ambience and attention to detail. Set against the Kogelberg, with a swimming pool and towering mountain in the back garden.
Individually decorated & comfortable rooms with percale cotton bedding and some of the most spectacular views of the coastline & sea, on the Western Cape's southern coast.
Most, only with showers, one the "Southern Right "room with romantic Victorian bath.
Other facilities include complimentary tea, coffee and heaters in all the bedrooms. Comprehensive tourist information, magazines and other reading material available.
Stroll to magnificent unspoilt beaches, hike the many trails surrounding or just sit back and enjoy the nature and serenity all around.
Breakfasts are a time to indulge on our freshly baked goodies, brewed coffee and lose your thoughts to the splendour of the great views.
Superbly appointed lounges and public areas with fireplaces for cosy winter evenings.
From Cape Town N2 towards Somerset West, then the R 44 direction Gordon's Bay/Kleinmond, follow the scenic coastal drive for about 30kms, past the villages of Rooiels and Pringle Bay, until you reach Betty's Bay. It is to the left of the main road, up against the mountain, 1.5kms after passing the petrol station, and sign posted, 'BUÇACO SUD'. Small B&B sign (white and blue) at bottom of driveway.
Longitude 34º35º12.46º S
Latitude 18º91º77.25 º E
Services, Features and Activities
A heaven for the outdoor enthusiast:
• Bird watching, Cape Otter, Seals and dolphins are often seen.
• Whale watching from May to November.
• A variety of small antelope, such as Klipspringer, Greisbok, Porcupine.
• Lynx ,Baboons, Dasies, Mongoose , even Leopard and other smaller mammals are often seen.
• Wide variety of reptiles
• Wild horses on the Bot River estuary/ marshlands.
• Powdery white unspoilt beaches to swim or just stroll.
• Many hikes and trails within Betty's Bay and the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve. Rock climbing.
• Mountain biking trails
• River rafting or Tubing down the Palmiet River.
• Sand Boarding at Blesberg.
• Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Fishing and surfing on the Atlantic Ocean.
• Windsurfing and Canoeing in one of the fresh water Lakes or rivers in the area.
• Horse Riding in the mountains or beaches near Bot River.
• The world class Golf courses of Arabella, Erinvale and Hermanus.
• Spoil yourself and indulge at the award winning Arabella Spa and Wellness centre.
• The hamlets of Genadendal, Greyton and Standford.
• Shark cage diving at Gansbaai.
• Hot mineral springs and Casino at Caledon.
• Close to all major southern Cape wine growing regions.
• Day drives to Agulhas (Southern tip of Africa) and the picturesque village of Arniston.
• Varied and superb restaurants, pizzerias and coffee shops on our recommendation.
• Within easy drives to all major Cape Town and Peninsula tourist attractions.
En Suite Bathroom, Tea/Coffee, TV in Room, Satellite, Internet, Languages spoken: English, Afrikaans, Portuguese;, Safe Facilities, Wedding Friendly, All children welcome, Pool, Breakfast
Twin, Double, Honeymoon