Province / Region - City / Town
North West Province
Baviaans River Valley
Eastern Free State
Kruger National Park
Mjejane Game Reserve
St Francis Bay
Pleasant Places Guesthouse
Pleasant Places Guesthouse
30 Lidgetton Valley Road, Lidgetton, Midlands
Phone: 078 768 2319
Rates High Season: From R1 050 - R1 250
Rates Off Season: From R800 - R100
Pleasant Places is an exceptional guesthouse that will delight All your senses.
The 4 star Guesthouse, established in 1997, has been completely renovated, in September 2017, with all rooms and public spaces redesigned and updated by an award winning interior decorator.
Each room has been created to have its own unique look and feel, yet reflects a consistent, understated elegant style in a beautiful country setting. The emphasis throughout is on comfort and luxury in a completely relaxing and tranquil environment.
Pleasant Places Guesthouse is situated centrally in the Midlands Meander.
Pleasant Places Guesthouse is a stylish, charming place that serves great food and drinks which celebrates simply living in the moment, whilst enjoying your own conversations and laughter, in a relaxed country environment designed to captivate your senses.
The individually decorated, thatched rooms have their own separate entrances. There are five double en-suite bedrooms and a family unit with two double en-suite bedrooms. These are generously proportioned rooms with comfortable beds, varying textures and tranquil colours to relax the senses – all combining to provide a welcome sanctuary. All bedrooms have heating. A seating area with tea and coffee-making facilities and hair driers.
Our amenities are:
• TV (DSTV satellite) which can be viewed in the lounge and family room. Free Wi-Fi Cosy fires warm the lounge and dining room on chilly nights Laundry on request
• Fabulous wine and craft gin selection.
• Delicious breakfasts served.
• Snack and lunch menu.
• Gourmet four course dinner.
• Earlier children specific dinner available.
• Special dietary requirements can be catered for – please discuss when booking.
• Our kitchen does not meet the Halaal or Kosher requirements.
• No self-catering facilities are available.
GPS Coordinates: - 29° 26’ 43.49° S / 30° 04’ 29.98° E
Pleasant Places Guesthouse is situated on a quiet, country road that comes to a dead end at a farm about 4km further up the road. On most maps, this country road is marked “District Road 18”.
Please note if travelling using a GPS system it may bring you in through Lidgetton Village and NOT along the Lidgetton Valley Road.
GAUTENG TO PLEASANT PLACES GUESTHOUSE:
11.7 km after Mooi River Toll Plaza, leave N3 at “EXIT 132, NOTTINGHAM ROAD” Turn right at the STOP sign, go over the N3 and follow the R103, by-passing Nottingham Road. (DO NOT TURN INTO NOTTINGHAM ROAD) Stay on the R103, passing Michaelhouse School and Granny Mouse’s Country House. 3.5 km after Granny Mouse’s entrance, turn right onto LIDGETTON VALLEY ROAD at the sign to PLEASANT PLACES. Follow signs to LIDGETTON VALLEY and PLEASANT PLACES. We are 4.4 km up the road on the right. PLEASE OBSERVE THE 40 KPH SPEED LIMITS.
DURBAN TO PLEASANT PLACES GUESTHOUSE:
Leave the N3 at “EXIT 107, HOWICK NORTH/TWEEDIE” Turn left at the top of the off ramp. Travel 1.2 Km to the T Junction. Turn right and follow the R103 for 8.8 km until you see the sign to PLEASANT PLACES on your left. Turn left into LIDGETTON VALLEY ROAD. Follow signs to LIDGETTON VALLEY, LYTHWOOD LODGE and PLEASANT PLACES. We are 4.4 km up the road on the right. PLEASE OBSERVE THE 40 KPH SPEED LIMITS.
Services, Features and Activities
Pleasant Places Guesthouse is situated centrally in the Midlands Meander and is ideally located for:
- Weddings & Conferences - Lythwood Lodge(4.5km), Granny Mouse’s Country House(6km), Lastingham Guest House (6km), Woodridge Country Estate (10km), The Orchards Wedding Venue (9km)
- Local schools - Michaelhouse, Hilton College, St Anne’s College, Clifton School, King’s School, Maritzburg College
- Major Sporting fixtures – Comrades Marathon, Midmar Mile, Nelson Mandela Marathon, various mountain bike, trail run and triathlon events.
- Nelson Mandela capture site (15km)
- Midlands Meander Arts & Crafts Route
- Golfers can arrange a game on the nearby Bosch Hoek Golf Club, known as one of the prettiest in the country or at the Sakabula Club in Howick.
En Suite Bathroom, Tea/Coffee, Satellite, Internet, Languages spoken: English & Afrikaans, Safe Facilities, No child facilities, Breakfast, Dinner, SecureParking, Laundry
Bike Trails, Bird Watching, Garden, Golf