Province / Region - City / Town
North West Province
Baviaans River Valley
Eastern Free State
Kruger National Park
Mjejane Game Reserve
St Francis Bay
Karoo View Cottages
Karoo View Cottages
1 Magrieta Prinsloo Street, Prince Albert, Karoo
Phone: 023 5411929
Cellphone: 082 8825342
Rates High Season: From R545 - R595
Rates Off Season: From R545 - R595
We would like to welcome you to our child, wheelchair & pet friendly luxurious accommodation married with all your “home from home" comforts overlooking the village of Prince Albert 350m away, with magnificent views of the Swartberg & Karoo plains. Health breakfast provisions, fresh farm milk, daily servicing, free unlimited Wi-Fi, air-conditioners, log fireplaces, plunge pools, braai areas & safe, secure off street parking, await you.
Our 4 cottages accommodate from 1 - 4 guests in each, our private suite up to 5 or our 3 bedroom house up to 11, perfect for singles, couples, friends, families, groups, cyclists, thus being able to accommodate up to 27 guests.
Do you dream of wide open vistas, spectacular views, peace, sun rises, sun sets, clear starry nights, birding, nature, cycling or hiking? If so, we would like to invite you choose Karoo View as a perfect home base from which to explore the village, “Die Hel” and surrounding areas as we would love to share our true Karoo destination with you.
The Cottages have safe, secure off street parking with own private entrances.
Including log fireplaces, air-conditioners, mosquito nets, fully equipped kitchens & en-suite bathrooms.
Percale linen, 100% cotton throws, electric blankets, bath sheets, bathrobes, hair dryers, wall heaters, trigger showers & natural amenities are all supplied.
Large kitchens fully equipped including a coffee plungers, mocha pots, & snack-which makers.
Bed & Breakfast supplies, fresh milk, tea's, coffee, rusks all of which are replenished daily including servicing.
Lounge & dining areas are luxurious, with attention to detail in all aspects, including flat screen TV's with hospitality packages - including all Sports Channels.
Relax on your private stoep overlooking the village of Prince Albert & the Swartberg, whilst listening to your crackling fire in the boma or in your private braai area, all fully stocked with firewood, blitz & kindling, all replenished daily.
2 cottages are wheelchair friendly. Bathrooms have walk-in showers, grab rails, fold down seats & hand showers.
Our private Stoep Suite, with outside entrance, offers an air-conditioned en-suite bedroom, spacious lounge & dining area with the use of boma & plunge pool including private braai.
Our Karoo View house with 3 Spacious double volume en-suite bedrooms; 2 with double beds & 1 single bed & 1 with double bed & 1 single in Loft & standard double bed sleeper couch in 2nd lounge thus being able to accommodate up to 11 people.
Our complimentary Home Comforts include the following for our guest’s convenience
• Welcome sherry & gift pack including interesting information of what there is to see & do in the area
• Health breakfast supplies; 2 cereals, home baked Muesli & Rusks, fresh farm milk, assortment of tea & coffee including coffee grounds for plungers & mocha pots – all replenished daily
• Kitchens stocked with; salt, pepper, toothpicks, biodegradable detergent, spray n cook, serviettes & paper towels, dishwashing swabs & towels, emergency lamps
• Bathroom amenities including Shampoo, Conditioner, Hand Wash, Body Lotion, Soap, Mosquito repellent & Lotions as well as special Bathroom Emergency Pack, Hair Dryer & Coat hangers
• Daily servicing & replenishing of the above at no additional cost
• Free self-service laundry including biodegradable detergent & car, cycle or bike washing or alternatively 1 of our friendly staff will gladly do at a nominal cost
• Indoor fireplaces in each cottage which are stocked with firewood & blitz during the winter months
• Outdoor braai areas stocked with firewood & blitz – all replenished daily
• Unlimited WiFi at no cost. Excellent Cell phone reception
• DSTV Hospitality package including all Sports Channels
• Air-conditioners with heating & cooling in all 4 cottages
• Wall Heaters in all 4 cottage bathrooms
• Complimentary herbs & vegetables from our organic tunnel, season dependent, please check first
• We will gladly do grocery or refreshment shopping for ease of convenience upon arrival
• Guests are welcome to use our 2 Mountain Bikes at no additional cost
"In the middle of nowhere, close to everywhere."
The name says it all.
KAROO VIEW COTTAGES
are situated in the quaint Karoo village of Prince Albert in the Western Cape, which is located at the foot of the Swartberg, which forms the gateway between the Great Karoo and the Klein Karoo. We are located towards the Northern end of the PRINCE ALBERT village, 350m off the main street, overlooking the village. Road is tarred.
From the N1
- for the less adventurous who want a more direct route or stop over:
• 476 km South of Colesburg
• 180 km South of Beaufort West
• 125km South of the Karoo National Park
• 45 km off the N1 from Prince Albert Road
• 155 km North of Matjiesfontein
• 400 km North of Cape Town via the N1 and the Hex River Valley
All roads are tarred, in good condition with spectacular views of the Karoo veld and mountains.
From the East Coast
- perfect for the more adventurous who wish to explore poorts and mountain passes:
* 400 km from Port Elizabeth
• 332 km from Barrydale and 162 km from Calitzdorp along Route 62
• 245 km from Knysna via George / Oudtshoorn
• 185 km from Mossel Bay via Robinson Pass
• 175 km from George via Oudtshoorn / Meiringspoort
• 115 km from Oudtshoorn via N12 / Meiringspoort
• 67 km from Oudtshoorn via the Swartberg Pass
• 45 km from the Cango Caves via the Swartberg Pass
• 77 km from De Rust via Meiringspoort
• 55 km from Meiringspoort and Klaarstroom
• 157 km from Uniondale and the entrance to the Langkloof valley
• 148 km from Willomore and the entrance to the famous Baviaanskloof via Klaarstroom and the Prince Albert Valley.
All roads are tarred, with the exception of the Swartberg Pass, which is in good condition, unless it has been snowing. (There will be notices to advise you on either side of the mountain advising if the pass is closed.) NB: No caravans allowed over the Pass.
* GPS Coordinates: 33° 13 08.60S; 22° 01 26.09E
* KAROO VIEW COTTAGES * MAGRIETA PRINSLOO PAD
“IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, CLOSE TO EVERYWHERE”
Services, Features and Activities
The village of Prince Albert and its environs has so much to offer! From cultural interests and culinary delights to wonderful activities for nature lovers, we have it all.
Some places to visit include:
The Story Weaver, Ghost Walks, Fransie Pienaar Museum, Astro Tours, The Showroom Theatre, Avoova ostrich egg mosaic, Striking Metal, The Tannery, The Weavery, Gay’s dairy, Soet Karoo Wine Estate, Lei-water system, Renu-Karoo Nursery, The Red Bus Tour, The Gallery, numerous shops and restaurants, Die Hel, The Swartberg Pass, Gamkaskloof Dam, Hiking, Cycling, walking, biking Birding, Robert Gordon Koppie, Grave Sites, Labrinths.
We supply our guests with full details of all these places of interest.
En Suite Bathroom, Tea/Coffee, Bar Fridge, Aircon in Room, TV in Room, Satellite, Internet, Languages Spoken: English & Afrikaans, Safe Facilities, Room Service, All children welcome, Wheelchair Friendly, Pet Friendly, Breakfast
Single, Twin, Family, Honeymoon, Luxury