Province / Region - City / Town
North West Province
Baviaans River Valley
Eastern Free State
Kruger National Park
Mjejane Game Reserve
St Francis Bay
Ginnegaap Guest House
Ginnegaap Guest House
54, 4th Avenue, Melville, Johannesburg
Phone: 011 4823507
Cellphone: 083 4474477
Rates High Season: From R800 - R250
Rates Off Season: From R800 - R250
Ginnegaap is a new guest house in a lovely old house in the heart of vibrant Melville, Johannesburg’s arty suburb. With beautiful wooden floors, pressed ceilings and tastefully decorated rooms, this charming house will surely make you feel at home.
Whether you are on holiday or a business trip, Ginnegaap welcomes you with friendly staff, beautiful rooms and all of the luxuries you have at home – satellite TV, coffe/tea at hand, a clock-radio to wake you up, the morning newspaper and a place to write a letter or prepare for tomorrow’s meeting.
We also spoil you with 100% percale cotton linens, daily treats on your coffee tray, a hearty breakfast on the veranda, ADSL connections in each room, a fax and printing facility, a fridge in each room, thick luxurious towels, electric blankets in winter and a fan to cool you down in summer.
Ginnegaap is within walking distance to the many trendy restaurants and pubs on 7th Street.
From the airport, take the R24 towards Johannesburg, then the N12, the M2 West and the M1 North. On the M1 North take the Empire Road turnoff. Carry on straight along Empire until you get to a T junction. Turn right into Kingsway until you get to Lothbury Road (3rd robot in Kingsway). Carry on straight along Lothbury Road which becomes 7th Street Melville. Drive until you get to the 2nd robot. Turn left into 4th Avenue. Ginnegaap Guesthouse is no.54 and across the road from the yellow brick church.
Services, Features and Activities
• 7th Street – a street buzzing with restaurants, bars, shops and clubs is a 3 minute walk away
• Melville Koppies Nature Reserve is within walking distance
• Antique and collectable shops is a 2 minute walk away
• Banks (including a foreign exchange facility), a supermarket and doctors and dentists are a 5 minute walk away
• The University of Johannesburg is about 3kms away
• Wits University is a 10 minute drive away
• The Helen Joseph Hospital, the Johannesburg Hospital, Garden City, Rosebank Clinic, Park Lane Clinic, Kentridge Hospital, Brenthurst Clinic and Milpark Hospital are all within a 15km radius from Ginnnegaap
• Emmarentia Dam, ideal for walks, jogging or a picnic, is a 2 minute drive away
• Johannesburg city with its museums and African craft shops are 10 minutes away from Melville
• Rosebank Shopping Mall and Sandton City are just two of the up market shopping malls that are easily reachable by car from Melville
• The Apartheid Museum is a 10 minute drive
• Soweto is a 20 minute drive away
• The historic Gold Reef City is 15 minutes by car.
En Suite Bathroom, Tea/Coffee, Bar Fridge, TV in Room, Satellite, Internet, Languages spoken: Afrikaans & English, Safe Facilities, Children over 12 welcome, Breakfast, SecureParking, Laundry