Province / Region - City / Town
North West Province
Baviaans River Valley
Eastern Free State
Kruger National Park
Mjejane Game Reserve
St Francis Bay
Merwehuis Bed and Breakfast
Merwehuis Bed and Breakfast
35 Ripley Road, Auckland Park, Johannesburg
Phone: 011 8373887
Cellphone: 082 8522913
Rates High Season: From R340 - R470
Rates Off Season: From R340 - R470
Situated in the midst of the vibrant community of Auckland Park and Rossmore, Merwehuis offers a tranquil ambience where you can experience real South African hospitality in a spacious home. The owners made special effort in providing excellent facilities for the physically impaired.
Merwehuis offers 5 double en-suite bedrooms, as well as 2 single en-suite bedrooms. All the rooms have self catering facilities. The layout of the establishment enhances the mobility for people who are wheel chair enabled. Three of the double en-suite bedrooms are fully wheelchair enabled.
GPS Coordinates -26.189726, 27.996887
From OT Airport
1. Out of the Airport take the JOHANNESBURG (R24) route.
2. Continue past BARBARA ROAD and EDENVALE ROAD.
3. About 9.5 km from the airport there is a split in the road – take the furthest left which is JOHANNESBURG/DURBAN/KIMBERLEY.
4. About 6 km further (after passing VAN BUUREN STREET) there is another split - Take the left turn to GERMISTON/JOHANNESBURG.
5. Then immediately go right towards JOHANNESBURG.
6. About 10km further after passing CLEVELAND – DENVER - RUVEN RD / BENROSE - MARITZBURG RD / KASERNE - JOE SLOVO ROAD / RISSIK STREET - SELBY you will reach another split
7. Take the left turn to SANDTON/PRETORIA
8. After passing CARR and SMIT STREETS take the left turn into EMPIRE ROAD.
9. In the slipway turn left into EMPIRE – direction AUCKLAND PARK
10. Follow EMPIRE ROAD up to the robot at the SABC.
11. Turn right in ANNET ROAD (which becomes Kingsway).
12. Follow KINGSWAY in the direction to the UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG until you reach CAMPUS SQUARE on your right..
13. Turn left in UNIVERSITY ROAD and turn right at the roundabout and follow DITTON ROAD to the next roundabout. ENTRANCE 2 of the University will be on your right.
14. Follow RIPLEY ROAD up the hill to HAMPTON ROAD.
15. Cross HAMPTON ROAD and at 35 RIPLEY ROAD, the second house on your right, is Merwehuis Bed and Breakfast.
16. The main gate is in the lane next to the house. The clearly marked bell is fixed to the wall on your right.
17. Press the bell for service or you are welcome to phone 082-852-2193 for help.
18. Welcome at Merwehuis Bed and Breakfast. You have reached your destination.
Services, Features and Activities
Merwehuis is within walking distance of Johannesburg University and 7 kilometers from Wits. Milpark Hospital, Garden City Clinic and the Barney Hurwitz Rehabilitation Centre are in close proximity. The SABC and Media Park 24 are within walking distance. Big sporting venues such as the FNB Stadium and Coca Cola Park are only 7km away. Walking distance to the proposed Rea Vaya Bus Transport that links up with Park Station’s Gautrain.
Gold Reef City, Apartheid’s Museum , Johannesburg Civic Theatre and Market Theatre, Constitutional Hill, Melville Koppies, Johannesburg Zoo, Emmarentia Botanical Gardens, Museum Africa.
Ensuite Bathroom, Tea/Coffee, Bar Fridge, Aircon in Room, TV in Room, Satellite, Internet, Languages Spoken: English, Afrikaans & Dutch, Safe Facilities, Room Service, All children welcome, Baby Sitting, Breakfast, SecureParking, Laundry
Single, Twin, Double