Province / Region - City / Town
North West Province
Baviaans River Valley
Eastern Free State
Kruger National Park
Mjejane Game Reserve
St Francis Bay
336 CATO ROAD, Glenwood, Durban
Rates High Season: From R900 - R1 200
Rates Off Season: From R500 - R700
Abalone Place was built as a residence in 1927 and used as such until it was bought by Donald and Sue Geddie in 2006. A complete refurbishment followed, with meticulous attention to detail. New windows and bespoke French doors were hand-made, Oregon flooring exposed for the first time and finished to a polished gleam, the entire garden re-landscaped, and all furniture and fittings individually acquired. The old worlde character of the house has been retained, with a contemporary touch enhancing the essence of luxury. For the sophisticated corporate or leisure traveller - a luxuriously spacious Guest House in a tranquil setting, each well-appointed suite with its own separate lounge and either private balcony or garden courtyard.
Directions (from the N3 coming into Durban)
1. Take the Tollgate Bridge offramp, turn right at the traffic lights and go over the bridge.
2. Continue straight through 2 more sets of traffic lights.
3. Pass Entabeni Hospital on the right and go down a steep hill past St Henry’s Marist Brothers School on the right.
4. At the base of the next hill, turn left into Mazizi Kunene Street and find Pigeon Valley Nature Reserve on your right.
5. Take the first left road, Cato Rd.
6. Proceed straight past Ellis Brown Rd on your left and you will find 336 Cato Rd directly on your left.
Services, Features and Activities
We are 5 minutes away from University of Kwazulu Natal, Durban campus, St Augustine and Entabeni private hospitals, Musgrave Shopping Centre, Glenwood Village Shopping Centre, Essenwood flea market, a number of private gyms and yoga studios,
various beauty therapists, good restaurants and coffee shops.
We are 10 - 15 minutes away main beaches and Ushaka Marine World, the city centre and ICC, Durban Country Club and Golf Course, Greyville Race Course and Golf Course, Moses Mabhida Stadium, ABSA Stadium, Sahara Kingsmead Cricket Ground and Pavilion Shopping Centre.
20 minutes away from Durban International airport and Gateway Shopping Centre.
Ensuite Bathroom, Tea/Coffee, Aircon in Room, TV in Room, Satellite, Internet, Language Spoken: English, Safe Facilities, Children over 12 welcome, Breakfast, Laundry