Province / Region - City / Town
North West Province
Baviaans River Valley
Eastern Free State
Kruger National Park
Mjejane Game Reserve
St Francis Bay
The Drey Lodge
The Drey Lodge
4 Squirrels Way, Newlands, Cape Town
Phone: 083 4555999
Cellphone: +27 83 4555999
Rates High Season: From R850 - R1 800
Rates Off Season: From R650 - R1 200
Welcome to The Drey Lodge offering self catering accommodation in Newlands in the heart of Cape Town’s popular Southern Suburbs.
The Drey Lodge is wonderfully located in the tranquil, leafy suburb of Newlands, bordering on Rondebosch, and offers four suites each with their own private entrance and secure on-site parking behind remote controlled gates.
The Drey (DREY: A squirrel’s nest, built of twigs in a tree) is warm, friendly and informal and is in close proximity to, or has easy access to, most of the attractions (and CBD’s) that make Cape Town one of the most sought after holiday destinations worldwide.
The Drey caters for holiday, business and/or relocation visits. Longer stay discounts are negotiable.
All four units are suitably equipped for self-catering and have their own private entrance and secure parking on the premises behind remote control gates. The units can be reconfigured to accommodate larger groups. They have TV with select DSTV channels, free Wi-Fi and are serviced twice a week on working weekdays. There is a lawned garden alongside a communal salt-water swimming pool and braai/barbeque facilities.
The Peninsula Suite sleeps 4 - 6; the Executive and Oak Suites sleep 2 – 4 each; and the South Easter Studio sleeps 2.
THE PENINSULA SUITE (Sleeps 4 – 6):
Superior Suite with private entrance; garage parking; 2 x double/twin bedrooms, 2 x bathrooms (one of which is an en-suite full bathroom); full kitchen ; spacious lounge/dining area with double sleeper couch, 42” LCD TV, and 6-seater dining room area
THE OAK SUITE (Sleeps 2 - 4)
Superior Suite with private entrance; parking under a carport right next to the suite; double bedroom (queen-size bed) with en-suite shower/loo; spacious open plan lounge/dining/kitchen area with a working fire-place, TV and double sleeper couch.
THE SOUTH EASTER STUDIO (Sleeps 2)
Standard studio room with private entrance; onsite parking alongside; double/twin bedroom with TV and small dining area; separate bathroom with shower/loo; separate kitchenette
THE EXECUTIVE SUITE (Sleeps 2 – 4; only for bookings of 10 nights or longer)
Superior, upmarket Suite with garage parking; double/twin bedroom (with mounted TV), full bathroom and study downstairs; spacious entertainment area upstairs with open plan lounge, dining and full kitchen area opening onto a large wooden deck with 8-seater table and gas braai (barbeque). The upstairs section is nicely fitted with granite counters, 42” Plasma TV and 2 x double sleeper couches.
Directions from the Airport (coming into CT on the N2):
• From the N2 take the Liesbeek Park off-ramp on your left (as you start getting close to the mountain) turn left into Liesbeek ParkWay;
• Continue straight on this road through 6 sets of traffic / pedestrian lights, this road eventually becomes Campground Road (and then Palmyra);
• At the 7th set of traffic lights, turn LEFT into Keurboom Road (if you turn R in error here you would go passed Newlands Cricket Stadium);
• Turn LEFT at the next pedestrian traffic lights into SQUIRRELS WAY;
• We are No4 Squirrels Way, the house with wooden double garage, alongside Keurboom Park
• NOTE: Approx 15 minutes drive from the Airport
Services, Features and Activities
Within a radius of a couple of kilometres
• Keurboom Park, with its children playgrounds and pleasant walks
• Cavendish Square Shopping Centre
• Claremont, Newlands CBDs
• Sports Clubs (WPCC, a few hundred meters away)
• Newlands Sports Stadiums
• Sports Science Institute
• Newlands Railway Station
Within approximately a 5km radius:
• Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
• Southern Suburbs Schools
• World class Medical facilities, establishments
• Rondebosch CBD
Within approximately a 15km radius:
• Victoria & Alfred Waterfront (approx 10-15 min)
• Table Mountain Cable Car (approx 15 min)
• Beaches: west to Atlantic Seaboard beaches and east to the warmer False Bay beaches (around 20 min)
• Century City (Ratanga Junction Amusement/Theme Park (approx 15 min)
• Hout Bay (approx 20 min)
• Cape Town city centre (CBD) (approx 10 – 15 min)
• CT International Airport (approx 10-15 min)
Easy access to the nearby Motorways M3, M5, N2 (all about 5 minutes) and N1 (about 10 minutes away) motorways taking you a little further (around 45 minutes) to:
• Simons Town
• Cape Point
• Stellenbosch, Paarl, Franchoek (incl the well known wine routes)
• Gordons Bay & Somerstet West
Satellite, Languages Spoken: English & Afrikaans, All children welcome